Sign up for a FREE PAYPAL ACCOUNT and start accepting credit card payments from all parts of the World and in the Philippines instantly.
Global Filipino Entrepreneurs
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 22, 2014, 05:36:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Paypal Philippines

Google
Owen Tripp
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning to all PHILAM plan,policy Holders  (Read 22244 times)
Ruby23
I am new here!

USER FEEDBACK RATING = 0

« on: March 30, 2008, 07:42:05 PM »

Grabe. nakakatakot na talaga ang mga educational plans ngayon

Joan Dela Cruz <jd_maria@yahoo.com> wrote:
Date: Saturday, 29 Mar 2008 15:04:20 +0800
To:
Subject: WARNING to all PHILAM Plan Holders, Policy Holders!!!

PUCHA, PANGIT at delikado na pala Philam ngayon. Buti na lang nalaman ko to, kukuha sana uncle ko ng educational plan

On 2/4/08, Suzan Torres <sansu34@msn.com> wrote:

Thanks for this. Will forward to all of my friends.

Ben Catayas <Ben2_Catayas@yahoo.com> wrote:
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 18:14:15 +0800
To:

Grabe, may pension plan pa naman ako sa Philam Life!!, mag isang taon na ako kakahulog, I teterminate ko na din. Salamat sa info.

On Mar 27, 2008 16:06 AM, Kristine S <KristineFS@gmail.com> wrote:

NOTICE TO ALL
OF MY CO- PLAN & POLICY HOLDERS
OF PHILAM Inc.

I am Kristine, mother of 3 from Pasay City and have been a LOYAL CUSTOMER of Philam for about 4 years.  I have 2 educational plans for my children "Philam Gold Educational Plan" and "Philam Versalife Life Insurance Policy" and have been working so hard to pay for my semi-annual payments.  My husband has a "Future Fund" Pension plan and I have even convinced my 2 Brothers to have "Pangarap" educational Plan for their children.

I JUST LIKE TO INFORM ALL OF YOU, my fellow Plan/Policy holders of Philam about what happened last Thursday March 27, 2008. I was on the UN Avenue branch of Philam to pay when all of their employees got out of the building and went ON-STRIKE!

Even the cashiers went out.  All of us there were irritated and annoyed because no one was able to receive our payments.  I have just asked permission from my boss so that I may pay my plans but it took me at least 4 hours there.

What made things BAD is that NO ONE FROM PHILAM WAS ABLE TO EXPLAIN TO US WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING!  FEW PHILAM EMPLOYEES that remained there did not know what to do. UN Avenue branch of Philam was in Chaos at that time.  We heard the employees on strike shout their grievances.  WHY DON'T THEY TREAT THEIR EMPLOYEES WELL?

I and all customers were TERRIFIED and in PANIC because of the DISORDER AND CONFUSION OF THAT INCIDENT.  

WORSE OF ALL, MY CONCERN AND FEAR IS THAT PHILAM MIGHT GO OUT OF BUSINESS LIKE CAP.

I FEAR THAT ALL OF MY HARD WORK SO THAT I MAY PAY MY DUES WILL GO TO NONE.

I WILL TERMINATE MY PLANS/ POLICY WITH PHILAM AND LOOK FOR OTHER MORE STABLE COMPANIES LIKE AXA LIFE OR SUNLIFE AMERICA.

I WANT TO WARN ALL OF YOU MY CO PLAN/ POLICY HOLDERS OF PHILAM.  WHILE IT'S STILL EARLY, YOU MAY WANT TO TERMINATE YOUR ACCOUNT OR LOOSE ALL OF YOUR HARD EARNED SAVINGS.

THIS IS A WARNING TO ALL BECAUSE I WAS TOLD THAT THIS WAS NOT SHOWN IN THE TV NEWS IN ABS-CBN (THOUGH I SAW THEIR VANS OUTSIDE), GMA OR IN ANY OTHER STATIONS.  (NABAYARAN SIGURO)

PLEASE FORWARD TO ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS, IT MIGHT BE A VERY BIG HELP FOR THEIR CHILDREN IF THEY HAVE THE EDUCATIONAL PLAN WITH PHILAM INC.

Walang nag aakalang babagsak ang CAP.  Kaya possible na mangyari din ito sa Philam.

Philippine Business Seminar

eric
PBO Blogger
Entrepreneur (Tier 1)

USER FEEDBACK RATING = 56

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 08:43:59 PM »

kung titignan sa mga pictures posted here, simpleng Worker's Strike lang ang nangyayari. Smiley

mona.angelsburger
PBO Blogger
Entrepreneur (Tier 1)

USER FEEDBACK RATING = 61

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 12:43:37 AM »

hmmmm...siguro po it would be best to ask around first kung ano po ba talaga ang hinaing ng mga employees ng phil-am...usually naman po hindi ibig sabihin na dahil may employees strike e nawawala na ang mga pondo ng mga bumili ng mga plans sa kanila...baka naman po issue lang about benefits or downsizing...baka para rin lang strike yan ng bank employees...hindi ibig sabihin na kapag nag-strike sila e dapat na tayong mag-mass withdrawal....

i understand how you feel...tinamaan din ako sa pacific...pero yung sa pacific ultimo mga employees pati na rin yung mga agnets were all caught unaware that something that drastic was going to happen...

anyways po, it would surely help a lot of people in this forum kung mas lalo pang maliliwanangan ang issue na ito... sana po may makapag-update ng balita about this sa lalong madaling panahon... Grin

think rich
Entrepreneur (Tier 1)

USER FEEDBACK RATING = 75

Get Out of the Rat Race

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 03:04:28 PM »

totoo b ito sana may sumagot n taga philam din para maging malinaw ang lahat
daveaguila
Industrialist (Level 7)

USER FEEDBACK RATING = 14

www.DaveAguila.com

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 07:44:45 PM »

Hi there... First of all let me say that I understand how you feel. And secondly, I want to thank you for somehow endorsing our company as well in your post which is AXA Philippines.

Anyway, to reply quickly, Philam Plans and Philam Life are two different business entities under one name. I'm not speaking on behalf of Philam but more of in behalf of the investment world specifically the insurance and preneed industry. First, the strike you saw, was an employee strike right? It's not a planholder or policyholder's strike. Although we don't have the specifics, it's kinda safer to assume that it's more like a problem between employers and employees. Technically speaking, it should not affect the planholders or policyholders.

But as you've said, di inaakala na ang CAP magsasara and it's possible to Philam as well. Yes, that's entirely true. This is not just the case for preneed or insurance companies, but to ANY companies as well. There's no such thing as "bankruptcy proof". All business have risk of closure. BUT sa mundo ng insurance, whether magsara ang isang insurance company or umalis ng bansa ang insurance company, may sasalong ibang insurance company that will service the policyholders of the company na nagsara o umalis. That's the procedure sa insurance industry. This makes the policyholders assured na their claims sa policies nila will still be given by the company who absorbed the company who closed or moved out. This is a very unique business feature ng insurance companies. Sadly this is not the case sa preneed. Preneed is a different industry. And di nila ginagawa yung ginagawa ng insurance companies, kaya kapag nagsara sila, kawawa talaga ang planholders.

I just clarified the difference between the insurance and preneed industry. Preneed plans are more risky in nature and that should have been divulged by your agent. Pero I guess, in your case, hindi ito nasabi kaya you're kinda surprised. Kasi ako, I make it a point that my clients or people I advise knows kung ano ang pros and cons ng papasukin nilang investment.

Anyway, let's hope and pray na hindi matulad ang Philam Plans sa CAP and other preneed companies, although I highly doubt that they haven't learned from the industry mistakes yet. But worse comes to worst, at least I've shared that preneed companies can fold up, that means even Philam Plans. Pero rest assured that life insurance companies' policyholders are assured that they claims will be given by their servicing company or by a company who absorbed the company where you purchased a life insurance product. I hope that I cleared this up...

Grabe. nakakatakot na talaga ang mga educational plans ngayon

Joan Dela Cruz <jd_maria@yahoo.com> wrote:
Date: Saturday, 29 Mar 2008 15:04:20 +0800
To:

PUCHA, PANGIT at delikado na pala Philam ngayon. Buti na lang nalaman ko to, kukuha sana uncle ko ng educational plan

On 2/4/08, Suzan Torres <sansu34@msn.com> wrote:

Thanks for this. Will forward to all of my friends.

Ben Catayas <Ben2_Catayas@yahoo.com> wrote:
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 18:14:15 +0800
To:

Grabe, may pension plan pa naman ako sa Philam Life!!, mag isang taon na ako kakahulog, I teterminate ko na din. Salamat sa info.

On Mar 27, 2008 16:06 AM, Kristine S <KristineFS@gmail.com> wrote:

NOTICE TO ALL
OF MY CO- PLAN & POLICY HOLDERS
OF PHILAM Inc.

I am Kristine, mother of 3 from Pasay City and have been a LOYAL CUSTOMER of Philam for about 4 years.  I have 2 educational plans for my children "Philam Gold Educational Plan" and "Philam Versalife Life Insurance Policy" and have been working so hard to pay for my semi-annual payments.  My husband has a "Future Fund" Pension plan and I have even convinced my 2 Brothers to have "Pangarap" educational Plan for their children.

I JUST LIKE TO INFORM ALL OF YOU, my fellow Plan/Policy holders of Philam about what happened last Thursday March 27, 2008. I was on the UN Avenue branch of Philam to pay when all of their employees got out of the building and went ON-STRIKE!

Even the cashiers went out.  All of us there were irritated and annoyed because no one was able to receive our payments.  I have just asked permission from my boss so that I may pay my plans but it took me at least 4 hours there.

What made things BAD is that NO ONE FROM PHILAM WAS ABLE TO EXPLAIN TO US WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING!  FEW PHILAM EMPLOYEES that remained there did not know what to do. UN Avenue branch of Philam was in Chaos at that time.  We heard the employees on strike shout their grievances.  WHY DON'T THEY TREAT THEIR EMPLOYEES WELL?

I and all customers were TERRIFIED and in PANIC because of the DISORDER AND CONFUSION OF THAT INCIDENT. 

WORSE OF ALL, MY CONCERN AND FEAR IS THAT PHILAM MIGHT GO OUT OF BUSINESS LIKE CAP.

I FEAR THAT ALL OF MY HARD WORK SO THAT I MAY PAY MY DUES WILL GO TO NONE.

I WILL TERMINATE MY PLANS/ POLICY WITH PHILAM AND LOOK FOR OTHER MORE STABLE COMPANIES LIKE AXA LIFE OR SUNLIFE AMERICA.

I WANT TO WARN ALL OF YOU MY CO PLAN/ POLICY HOLDERS OF PHILAM.  WHILE IT'S STILL EARLY, YOU MAY WANT TO TERMINATE YOUR ACCOUNT OR LOOSE ALL OF YOUR HARD EARNED SAVINGS.

THIS IS A WARNING TO ALL BECAUSE I WAS TOLD THAT THIS WAS NOT SHOWN IN THE TV NEWS IN ABS-CBN (THOUGH I SAW THEIR VANS OUTSIDE), GMA OR IN ANY OTHER STATIONS.  (NABAYARAN SIGURO)

PLEASE FORWARD TO ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS, IT MIGHT BE A VERY BIG HELP FOR THEIR CHILDREN IF THEY HAVE THE EDUCATIONAL PLAN WITH PHILAM INC.

Walang nag aakalang babagsak ang CAP.  Kaya possible na mangyari din ito sa Philam.

MarkR
Tradesman (Level 4)

USER FEEDBACK RATING = 0

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 01:10:25 PM »

Lahat talaga ng investment ay may risk, kahit sobrang laki pa ng pre-need companies. Mas maganda sigurong strategy is to diversify your investments in stocks or kahit mutual funds lang. Yung perang binabayad nyo sa premiums for your educational plans, invest nyo na lang mga real investment instruments in a diversified way. That way malelessen nyo yung risk of company closure, may chance pa tumaas value ng pera nyo higit sa face value ng policy nyo. Financial education is key.
think rich
Entrepreneur (Tier 1)

Get Out of the Rat Race

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 02:21:29 PM »

sana i brodcast din ito sa TV para lalong ma aware mga tao diba
daveaguila
Industrialist (Level 7)

www.DaveAguila.com

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 08:29:57 PM »

sana i brodcast din ito sa TV para lalong ma aware mga tao diba

Pero when they do show it on TV, I hope they'll be able to explain it very well dahil napakalaki ng influence ng TV sa mga Pinoys. And often times, puro one side lang ang binabalita sa TV, thus people think na yun na ang totoo. Often times, walang filter system ang mga Pinoy sa mga news. Once naibalita na, yun na yun. Ang mahirap pa, di naman reliable ang source, e yun na ang pinaniniwalaan. 90% ng mga binabalita puro one-side.

Media is a very powerful tool na kapag nagamit ng di tama, andaming namimisguide. Remember that news is also business. The more people watching, the better for their advertisers. Meaning, konti lang ang news na will deliver honest or well-researched news kesa sa "profitable" news.

gyudon
Entrepreneur (Tier 1)

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 10:03:06 PM »

Well,kahit kanino kung nasaksihan mo talaga at may investment ka sa kanila talagang kakabahan ka. Undecided Just to be sure, it's better na ask na din natin yung iba lalo na kung may kilala kayo employees ng company then  make a necessary plan A and B to plan E. Kung sakaling palubog ang philam plans, alamin mo na kaya sa company kung ano ano makukuha mo etc. Huh? (im not familiar with this), kung ndi naman pero kinakabahan ka at nawala na ang tiwala mo, pano ba magtransfer or ano makukuha mo kung hanggang dito ka nalang sa kanila? something like that...to lessen your worries. Better be prepared kesa mawala lahat din naman. Kaya next time, wag lahat kukunin mo sa isang company lang. Parang sa bank din, iba't-ibang savings sa mga banks para kung sakali man na bigla magsara, safe pa yung ibang savings mo. Cheesy

think rich
Entrepreneur (Tier 1)

Get Out of the Rat Race

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 01:21:47 PM »

dont put all your eggs in one basket  Grin
mona.angelsburger
PBO Blogger
Entrepreneur (Tier 1)

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 06:54:27 PM »

i just hope this is simply a labor issue...sana naman hindi ito totoo kasi marami rin akong kilalang kumuha ng plans from philam...

baka naman may gustong mag-clarify kung resolve na ang issue na ito or kung back to normal na ang operations sa philam office. marami kasing kinakabahan...

hindi kasi biro na mawala na lang ng ganun-ganun ang perang na-invest na...lalo na kung education plans...kawawa ang mga bata lalo na kung yun lang talaga ang inaasahan nila to finish their schooling.

daveaguila
Industrialist (Level 7)

www.DaveAguila.com

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2008, 06:56:13 PM »

I agree. You better ask your agent or ask Philam Plans directly regarding the matter as they are the only ones who can answer this query. More power!

i just hope this is simply a labor issue...sana naman hindi ito totoo kasi marami rin akong kilalang kumuha ng plans from philam...

baka naman may gustong mag-clarify kung resolve na ang issue na ito or kung back to normal na ang operations sa philam office. marami kasing kinakabahan...

hindi kasi biro na mawala na lang ng ganun-ganun ang perang na-invest na...lalo na kung education plans...kawawa ang mga bata lalo na kung yun lang talaga ang inaasahan nila to finish their schooling.

Bituin Marikit
Industrialist (Level 7)

USER FEEDBACK RATING = 21

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2008, 06:58:23 PM »

anyone....paano nayan...parang gusto ko na ring kunin iyong mga inulog ko...mabasa ka ang policy...kung wala ng tao doon..sino mag aasikaso. wow...another problem.
mona.angelsburger
PBO Blogger
Entrepreneur (Tier 1)

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2008, 07:15:40 PM »

i want to tell my friends...pero nagpipigil pa ako....i don't want them to worry naman and stress themselves out lalo pa holiday ngayon...hindi sila makakatawag sa philam...

wala ba man lang ipinamigay na written statement yung mga nag-strike?...di ba usually, they hand out statements kung bakit sila nag-strike?...pero siguro naman cause for alarm since wala naman tayong nababalitaang nagkakagulong mga agents and planholders sa head office ng philam...

Bituin Marikit
Industrialist (Level 7)

USER FEEDBACK RATING = 21

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2008, 07:18:01 PM »

ako nga tatawagan ko na iyong friend ko magtatanong ako. kaso nawala iyong celphone ko..huhuhu sige keep us posted kung may balita pa kayo ha. pleaze.............. Cry

Business Seminars Philippines

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: