Sign up for a FREE PAYPAL ACCOUNT and start accepting credit card payments from all parts of the World and in the Philippines instantly.
Global Filipino Entrepreneurs
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 31, 2014, 05:39:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Paypal Philippines

Google
Owen Tripp
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Future of Agriculture Industry in the Philippines?  (Read 38775 times)
agri_center
Tradesman (Level 4)

USER FEEDBACK RATING = 0

« on: January 07, 2008, 06:51:26 PM »

Future of Agriculture Industry in the Philippines?

Any thoughts or comments...

www.classifiedsph.com - Online Filipino Classified Ads Website
www.pampangaclassifieds.com - Pampanga based classified ads
www.blog.agriculture.ph - Philippine Agriculture Blog Site

Philippine Business Seminar

juma
I am new here!

USER FEEDBACK RATING = 0

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 09:53:16 AM »

Sir,

It is really hard to imagine the future of our Agriculture. It will be having a catasthropic result in the future. Sad to know that very few are wanted to go on farming, Most of the farmers children do not want to work as farmer. Farmers who are trying hard are being neglected and thier produce have a very limited market. Most of the farmers ar poor. Our government are not paying attention to what the farmers need, prices of fertilizer, seeds, farm implements are not regulated. In most cases farmers could not even break even the expenses against the harvest. In my opinion we need an honest officials to look into the matter that our agriculture need intervention of the goverment. I have noticed that thousand of government lands are idle, Many are interested to go on milking business, but no land for grazing. If we approach the concern agency, Lots of requirements and conflicated procedures which ended up for those peaople to loose interest.

With the proper distribution of land to interested farmer, I believe we will be self sufficient and many will go on farming specially those are reiring with a small capital, They can be convince that
Polgoso
Enthusiast (Level 2)

USER FEEDBACK RATING = 0

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 10:48:15 PM »

A country that cannot feed itself is really nothing even with a strong peso and other economic paramaters.  Poverty is at it's peak in the countryside and at the advent of all the technology humdrum, it all boils down to the fact if we have or do not have food to eat on our tables .  Unfortunately, the people in the government continue to not only neglect, but blatantly seduce and steal from the budgets that otherwise would be used to develop this sector; apparently their love for their motherland has already evaporated, together with the El Nino. 

Entrepreneurs need to consider venturing into Biotechnology Farming and make feasibility studies/business plans to go into agriculture.  Other countries are cashing in on our crops and resources so why not us.  The lowly farmer needs education in new technology applications and while the Dept of Agriculture is forging info dessimination through the internet, printed material etc.., it is sad to note that because of the inadequate literacy of our farmers, they are unable to 'absorb' the information.   If one is really financially literate and follows the premise of 'Buy Low, Sell High' then Agriculture in the Philippines is at it's lowest as compared to it's neighbors, and therefore would produce many opportunities, problems and challenges!

In the words of Kiyosaki, " If you want to be RICH, solve problems ! "
Peter Parker
Industrialist (Level 7)

USER FEEDBACK RATING = 8

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 06:04:04 AM »

If each one of us will start to be produce/plant for domestic consumption, then we can improve the supply. It is good to have our own produce.
Cynch
Tradesman (Level 4)

USER FEEDBACK RATING = 0

If it is to be, it is up to me

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 09:41:29 PM »

I think agriculture will have a major role in the next few years. I plan to have a farm someday. It will never be out of business. I agree with polgoso, farmers need to use technology to help them with their business. I don't know what's happening with agriculture right now, I mean I thought we still have lots of lands in various provinces in the country, why do we have shortage of rice? hindi ba may mga farms pa sa mindanao, visayas, and even sa luzon, kapag nag-t-travel ako from makati to pampanga, I can see hectares ... not sure really how the agriculture system works, but, i'm very interested to know how it can be improved so that we won't have to import any foods in the future

manicqueen
PBO Marshal
Capitalist (Tier 2)

USER FEEDBACK RATING = 95

wildcherrylipz.multiply.com

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 02:08:54 AM »

madami pang bigas ang pinas nagtatago lang Grin

WATCH OUT FOR NEW ITEMS FOR SALE!
at manicqueen.multiply.com

BE A LOADCENTRAL RETAILER FOR FREE!
ask me how thru YM your_manicqueen
Peter Parker
Industrialist (Level 7)

USER FEEDBACK RATING = 8

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 09:35:14 PM »

If you are dreaming of having your own farm someday, you must start now. Prices of farm lands increasing also but the peso purchase value is decreasing.   Pwede siguro na you can lease or rent a farm muna so you can do your weekend farming hobby.. Otherwise dream ka lang ng dream..
rexzel0230
Industrialist (Level 7)

USER FEEDBACK RATING = 32

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 09:51:33 PM »

madami pang bigas ang pinas nagtatago lang Grin

Natatakot ata ung bigas na bilhin cla sa murang halaga kaya nagsisitago cla sa saya ng mga baboy.  Peace.....

Some of the Softwares that I Designed
http://rexzel0230.multiply.com/
webscatter
Entrepreneur (Tier 1)

USER FEEDBACK RATING = 102

http://earn-millions-annually.blogspot.com

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 10:36:28 PM »

We call it bullshit!....

Why farmers are discouraged to boost their produce?

Why agri land are converted in to comml lang?

Why rice are no longer a cheap staple food that we enjoyed b4?

Why people are eating hardly thrice a day?

D U knew the answer?

D u knew the worst Philippines?

webscatter
Entrepreneur (Tier 1)

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 10:39:06 PM »

Wer r now the cries of PUGADLAWIN?

Wer r now the life of Rizal he offered for us?

Wer r now the anak ng bayan who shed blood for us?

Wer r the essence of People Power now?

rexzel0230
Industrialist (Level 7)

USER FEEDBACK RATING = 32

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 10:56:14 PM »

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

Some of the Softwares that I Designed
http://rexzel0230.multiply.com/
Peter Parker
Industrialist (Level 7)

USER FEEDBACK RATING = 8

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2008, 11:19:30 PM »

So many words can be said to blame someone or some groups for our problem but can we simply ask ourself directly in the mirror?  Are we a producer or a consumer of goods?  I we only consume then we must control or have limit our intake. or else be a producer in a small way, a backyard garden for veggies/fruits, herbs and small flock animals, then we are contributing.  If we only utter empty words, this does not help.
 I myself is a simple producer, a small coffee farm with coconuts, papaya, black pepper, veggies, bananas, tapioca, camote, herbs, ginger, taro and some free range chickens with a few goats as well.  at least I do not buy much of what we need for dail subsistence.
webscatter
Entrepreneur (Tier 1)

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2008, 11:32:36 PM »

(at) Spider Man...yeah to many words to say and blame....to anybody including me

If like u belong in just 10% of the population that can do that....then we dont feel the worst situation today...

Grin

Peter Parker
Industrialist (Level 7)

USER FEEDBACK RATING = 8

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2008, 11:40:25 PM »

We can still do somethig in our own little way.  how about container gardening? and small pots herb garden in the kitchen. Flowers are nice to look at but this time edible herbs and veggies should have better priorities, right?  It is more of focusing on the substance rather than form..  thanks for a healthy discussion.
 Still the main thing is we can contribute even in the smallest way and this should start from each of us now... cheers.
GoNegosyo
Taskmaster (Level 6)

USER FEEDBACK RATING = 5

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 12:43:24 AM »

We can still do somethig in our own little way.  how about container gardening? and small pots herb garden in the kitchen. Flowers are nice to look at but this time edible herbs and veggies should have better priorities, right?  It is more of focusing on the substance rather than form..  thanks for a healthy discussion.
 Still the main thing is we can contribute even in the smallest way and this should start from each of us now... cheers.

Smiley Absolutely!!! I agree...stop blaming others and start with us.

By the way, me website ba that will tell you how to plant mga pang sangkap like bwang, sibuyas, kamatis, etc..kasi gusto ko yun kahit na sa mga container lang. :-)

More power!

Business Seminars Philippines

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: