Sign up for a FREE PAYPAL ACCOUNT and start accepting credit card payments from all parts of the World and in the Philippines instantly.
Global Filipino Entrepreneurs
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 25, 2014, 07:36:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Paypal Philippines

Google
Owen Tripp
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is 13th month pay tax-exempt?  (Read 25936 times)
ryangramos
Enthusiast (Level 2)

USER FEEDBACK RATING = 0

« on: January 22, 2008, 08:17:03 AM »

On the statement below, is there any company that is exempted to that.
How about the companies that are Regional Operating Head Quarter.

It depends. If the amount of 13th month pay is equivalent to Php30,000 and below, it is not subject to tax. Otherwise, it is subject to tax. (Rev Regulations No. 8 & 10, s. 2000, Bureau of Internal Revenue)

REVENUE REGULATIONS NO. 8-2000 issued November 22, 2000 amends specific provisions of RR No. 2-98 and RR No. 3-98 with respect to the "De Minimis" Benefits, Additional Compensation Allowance (ACA), Representation and Transportation Allowance (RATA) and Personal Economic Relief Allowance (PERA). Said benefits/allowances received by employees are not considered as items of income and, therefore, are not subject to income tax and, consequently, to the withholding tax. Effective the Taxable Year 2000, ACA will be classified as part of the "Other Benefits" excluded from one's gross compensation income, provided that the total amount of such benefits does not exceed P 30,000. Items of "de minimis" benefits exempt from the fringe benefits tax are enumerated in the Regulations.

My favorite thing about the Internet is that you get to go into the private world of real creeps without having to smell them. http://ryangramos.multiply.com

Philippine Business Seminar

kathmandu
Member Services
PinoyBusiness.ORG Advocate
Global Philantropist

USER FEEDBACK RATING = 106

this is my new nick

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 08:25:51 AM »

Alam ko pag above 30K taxable na sya yung in excess of 30K which applies to any company

Manila, Manila...I keep coming back to Manila!

ryangramos
Enthusiast (Level 2)

USER FEEDBACK RATING = 0

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 09:03:08 AM »

Thanks for the info...

My favorite thing about the Internet is that you get to go into the private world of real creeps without having to smell them. http://ryangramos.multiply.com
erialc78
Journeyman (Level 1)

USER FEEDBACK RATING = 0

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 09:04:41 AM »

As far as I know, 13 month pay which is less than 30,000 is non-taxable according to labor code.
Talk2myCPA
Merchant (Level 3)

USER FEEDBACK RATING = 0

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 03:32:53 AM »

13th month pay is part of your bonuses and other benefits and exempted from taxes up to 30,000.  the 30,000 is the BIR threshold for the exemption and anything in excess of this amount is already taxable. for example if your employer gave you 15,000 for your 13th month pay and another 15,000 for your performance bonus/incentive then there should be no tax for both amounts because the total of these two does not exceed 30,000. but if instead of giving you 15,000 performance bonus your employer gave you a 20,000 then the excess of 5,000 is already taxable.

any amount in excess of 30,000 is taxable.

Accounting Problem? Need some help?  Then let me know if I can help you in some way!!

@mail me! talk2mycpa@gmail.com

Like us on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/lecco
HR Recruitment
Enthusiast (Level 2)

USER FEEDBACK RATING = 0

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 12:01:05 AM »

Above 30,000 is taxable according to law Wink

Business Seminars Philippines

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: